Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists is open 24 hours a day for pet emergencies. Our qualified and experienced emergency vet and nursing staff are available around the clock to help treat your pet, no matter the nature of your crisis. From major injuries to minor ailments, we are dedicated to providing quality medical attention for your animal.
Call Us Straight Away
If you have an emergency, call us immediately on 02 9197 5800. The faster you can bring your animal to our emergency clinic, the better. We may request some information from you during this call which will help us prepare for your arrival.
Symptoms of an Emergency Condition
We treat pets suffering from a range of ailments and conditions. Our 24-hour emergency veterinary hospitalis on-hand and fully equipped to deal with pets showing symptoms of:
- Vomiting and diarrhoea – we commonly treat this condition with intravenous fluid drips and medication that will rehydrate your pet and treat their gastroenteritis.
- Pain – if your pet is in pain, we offer relief through analgesia while we diagnose the injury and create an appropriate treatment plan. We often treat broken, fractured and sprained limbs.
- Trauma – our team can treat severe injuries; for example, injuries from motor vehicle accidents, animal fights, or a high-rise fall.
- Poisoning – common intoxications include chocolate, rat bait, snail bait, garlic, onions, paracetamol, aspirin and other human medications. If your pet is exposed to toxins, we can provide decontamination if presented in time.
- Paralysis – we treat tick bites, spinal injuries and other conditions that cause paralysis.
- Ligament Injuries – these may present as difficulty walking, pain or lameness.
- Urinary Issues – if your pet is showing difficulty or inability urinating, bring them to our team for analysis.
Our 24-Hour Emergency Vet Services
Our 24–hour animal emergency hospital provides the following services:
- Emergency surgery
- Intravenous fluids
- Laboratory testing – this is performed on–site with immediate results so we can get results for your pet without delay.
- X-Rays (Radiographs)
- Critical care – we provide life support, including mechanical ventilation, for severe lung diseases and tick paralysis
We perform these services using the best techniques in veterinary medicine and the latest equipment, ensuring that your cherished pet receives nothing but the best medical treatment.
Call Us Immediately in Emergencies
We treat the above conditions on a regular basis, and our team of professional staff are available at all times to treat your pet and help it on its way to recovery as soon as possible. In the case of an animal emergency, call us on 02 9197 5800 immediately.