Do you pride yourself on treating clients with care and respect, and ensuring stressed clients feel at ease?
Can you take a set of treatment instructions and run with them? Able to prioritise and multi-task with the best of them? All while keeping patient records accurate and up to date?
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists is a 1000m2 purpose built facility that has state of the art equipment which will allow us to provide the absolute best care to patients in conjunction with our exceptional staff. The team has full time surgical, canine, feline and internal medicine specialists. This is in addition to our current dermatology specialist and diagnostic imaging specialist support.
We are looking for nurses with a dedication to exceptional care to join our team. Our emergency team needs additional staff due to growth in our caseload.
- Must be fluent in English and has excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Conducts themselves in a manner that exhibits professionalism, excellent customer service and care for our sometimes very emotional clients
- Loves animals AND their owners…. you must be able to treat both with care and respect;
- Conducts themselves autonomously with exceptional time management skills
- Must have a Certificate IV in Vet Nursing or demonstrate equivalent on-the-job experience. Experience in specialist or referral practice is necessary for our medicine position. For emergency or crossover positions experience in referral practice is a bonus, but we are willing to train you if you have the right materials to start with.
About the job:
- Working directly with specialists and the rest of the team of veterinarians to ensure that the patient, client, clinician/s, team and service are all attended to and working in sync.
- Nursing! You know: placing catheters, drawing blood, running tests, taking radiographs, anaesthetic and intensive care monitoring, pre/post-operative care and more. The specifics of the role depend on the service. The principal remains the same though – we expect active participation in working together for the betterment of our patients and clients. We give our nurses real responsibility in running and managing cases and the hospital.
- Keeping clients informed and happy – providing advice, answering questions and soothing their fears is a big part of the job;
- It involves cleaning (sad, but true). If a cage is dirty you need to want to clean it. If the place is messy you need to want to tidy it up.
- The positions we need to fill are full time nursing positions in our medicine and emergency services.
- They involve a variety of weekday day, overnight and weekend shifts. Working some public holidays is a requirement of the position.
- All positions require some degree of working across multiple services – we believe that part of being a team is learning about and working across different areas of the hospital and with various team members.
- The position includes ongoing education allowances, access to various online training opportunities, and the practice has regular nurse meetings where training is performed.
- Our people are important to us. We want our workplace to be a happy place where we share a goal of exceptional patient and client care.
- We aim to be leaders in every aspect of what we do.
- Respect for patients, clients, referring vets and each other is an important part of our values.
- We like shiny gadgets and have all of the usual/expected gadgets and then some. More space = more tools to let us do our jobs better!
- We are professional – we hold ourselves to high standards and you should too. Accountability is a part of our DNA.
- We are a team of vets, nurses and support staff that are active in sharing knowledge and have a strong focus on continuous improvement in knowledge, skills and practices.
- We strive to provide the best medical care for animals, professionally handle clients with care and compassion and provide an enjoyable and supportive atmosphere for our staff.
Applications can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please only send a CV.
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists
675 Botany Rd, Rosebery NSW 2018
02 9197 5800