Our On-Site Laboratory
Our state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory allows us to run crucial tests in order to diagnose and monitor patients. This means we receive results quickly and we don’t have to wait for samples to be sent away and analysed externally for many emergency blood tests. These technologies and equipment are essential in emergency situations. Our 24-hour emergency vet team is here to help you at any time.
Advanced Diagnostic Testing
In our on-site laboratory, our technicians carry out many forms of diagnostic testing, including:
- Urine testing – used to detect various forms of urinary tract infections, bladder infections and kidney diseases.
- Stool testing – used to determine whether your pet has parasites such as tapeworm.
- Blood testing – used to detect many diseases in addition to allergies and organ damage.
Utilising the Latest Equipment and Research
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists hosts a private laboratory with a huge range of diagnostic equipment that we use to test:
- Red and White Blood Cells – we do this to detect problems such as anaemia, inflammation, infection and some clotting problems
- Organ markers & function tests –to look for signs of liver, kidney, pancreas and gastrointestinal disease or dysfunction
- Clotting Tests – to look for clotting problems as a sign of toxicities, liver disease, and other diseases
- Electrolytes – to diagnose abnormalities in electrolytes and guide fluid therapy and treatments
Bring Your Pet In Today and Get Fast Results
For many tests, our laboratory can provide results in a matter of minutes. You will no longer spend days worrying about the health of your beloved pet while you wait for results to come back. To enquire about diagnostic testing for your pet using our on-site laboratory, call us now on 02 9197 5800 and make an appointment to see our vet specialists.
To enquire about diagnostic testing for your pet, call us now on 02 9197 5800 and make an appointment in our state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory.