Our fully-equipped laboratory allows us to run crucial tests in-house in order to diagnose and monitor patients. This means we receive results quickly as we don’t have to wait for samples to be sent away and analysed externally. This technology is essential in emergency situations.
Advanced Diagnostic Testing
Within our on-site lab, our technicians carry out many kinds of diagnostic testing, including:
- Urine testing – to detect various forms of urinary tract diseases, bladder infections and kidney diseases
- Stool testing – used to determine whether your pet has a parasite or tapeworm
- Blood testing – used for the detection of many diseases and cancers, along with allergies and some tissue injuries
Our private laboratory holds a range of diagnostic equipment used to test for:
- Red and White Blood Cells – to detect problems such as anaemia, inflammation, infection and some clotting problems.
- Organ markers & function tests – to look for signs of liver, kidney, pancreas and gastrointestinal disease or dysfunction.
- Clotting Tests – to look for clotting problems associated with toxicities, liver and other disease.
- Electrolytes – to diagnose electrolyte abnormalities and guide fluid therapy and treatment.
- Hormone tests – to diagnose and monitor problems such as hypo or hyperthyroidism and hypo or hyper adreocorticism.
Get Results Now
For many tests, our laboratory can provide results in a matter of minutes. There’s no longer any need to spend days worrying about the health of your beloved pet whilst you wait for results to come back.
To enquire about diagnostic testing for your pet, call us now on 02 9197 5800 and make an appointment in our state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory.